Attention Alaska Marine Trade Businesses:
The Division of Economic Development is conducting a statewide business retention and expansion survey directed at Alaska maritime and marine businesses. If you have already completed the survey, thank you very much. It should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
Go here to start the survey:
We are especially interested in hearing from businesses in:
From the results, we hope to:
- Shipbuilding and Repair
- Transportation (All modes)
- Marine Vendor (General e.g.: Automotive and Marine; Welding, Diesel)
- Marine Construction
- Marine Logistics and Fuel
- Marine Safety / Education
- Marine Professional Services (Engineers, banks, insurance companies etc)
- Allied Marine Industries (Example: seafood processing; educational support services).
- Identify immediate problems challenging a business so that these problems can be addressed.
- Identify perceptions of the community as a place to do business, including local barriers to expansion.
- Identify training and technical assistance needs of the business.
- Identify the future needs of a business.
- Long term, help to build community capacity for sustained growth and development.
The survey will close on August 15, 2012. Thank you for your assistance.