in the Valdez-Cordova Census Area
- Current Population
- Pronunciation/Other Names
Geography and Climate
- Copperville is approximately 5 miles south of Glennallen on the Richardson Highway between the Tazlina and Copper Rivers.
- Copperville is located in the continental climate zone. Winters are long and cold, and summers are relatively warm. Temperature extremes range from a low of -74 to a high of 96 °F. Annual snowfall averages 39 inches, and precipitation averages 9 inches per year.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- This area was developed during the Trans-Alaska Pipeline construction.
- Copper River is traditional Ahtna Athabascan territory; the community is primarily non-Native.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The Richardson Highway connects the area to the remainder of the state. An airstrip is nearby at Brenwick's
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection