in the Valdez-Cordova Census Area
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (toll soh' nuh)
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- The community is located around milepost 170 of the Glenn Highway, about 17 miles west of Glennallen, at the foot of Tolsona Mountain (elevation: 2,974'). Tolsona Lake Road provides access to Tolsona and Moose Lakes.
- It is located in the continental climate zone. The mean temperature in January is -10 °F and 56 °F. Annual snowfall averages 39 inches, with total precipitation of 9 inches.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Tolsona is an Athabascan Indian name, attributed to Tolsona Lake and River. The name was first published by the USGS in 1915.
- Many homes in Tolsona are seasonally occupied.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The community lies on the Glenn Highway and accesses the statewide road system. There are several air strips in the area, and air taxi services are available. A seaplane base is used on Tolsona Lake.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District