in the Haines Borough
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Covenant Life is located at mile 26 of the Haines Highway near Klehini River.
- The area has a maritime climate characterized by cool summers and mild winters. Summer temperatures range from 46 to 76 °F. Winter temperatures range from 13 to 36 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The community was settled originally by families from the Whitestone Farm religious community of Dry Creek.
- Covenant Life is a religious community of the ministry known as 'The Farm' or 'Whitestone Farms' (Covenant Life Church). Residents administer their own private school, grow vegetables, own businesses, and share their assets and income collectively.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The community is accessible by road from Haines and, from there, to the statewide highway system. The state ferry at Haines provides transportation to Skagway, Juneau, Southeast Alaska, and Seattle. Other transportation facilities are available at Haines.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District