Four Mile Road
in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Four Mile Road is located just north of Nenana, in Interior Alaska, about 50 miles southwest of Fairbanks on the George Parks Highway.
- The area has a cold, continental climate with an extreme temperature range. The average daily high during summer months is 65 to 70 °F; the daily low during winter is well below 0 °F. The highest temperature ever recorded is 98 °F; the lowest is -69 °F. Annual precipitation averages 11.4 inches, with 48.9 inches of snowfall.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Four Mile Road is located in the western-most portion of Tanana Athabascan territory. The area has growth from development in Nenana.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Nearby Nenana has excellent air, river, road, and railroad access. The George Parks Highway provides road access to Fairbanks and Anchorage. The railroad provides daily freight service. The Nenana Municipal Airport offers a lighted runway, with float plane and ski plane landing areas. The Nenana Port Authority operates the dry cargo loading and unloading facilities, dock, bulkhead, and warehouse.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District