in the Kodiak Island Borough
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Womens Bay is on the west coast of Kodiak Island, 8 miles south of Kodiak. It lies at the foot of Old Womens Mountain, along a bay of the same name.
- The climate of the Kodiak Islands is dominated by a strong marine influence. There is little or no freezing weather, moderate precipitation, and frequent cloud cover and fog. Severe storms are common from December through February. Annual precipitation averages 60 inches. January temperatures average 14 to 46 °F; July temperatures vary from 39 to 76 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Originally inhabited by homesteaders, the property in this area was transferred to the state and then to the Kodiak Island Borough. The community was named for the bay it overlooks.
- Due to its close proximity to Kodiak Station, many residents are Coast Guard families. A community association advocates for local concerns.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Womens Bay is accessible by road from Kodiak. Jet services, ferry access, and boat harbors are therefore nearby.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District