in the Wade Hampton Census Area
- Current Population
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Ohogamiut is located on the right bank of the Yukon River, 22 miles southeast of Marshall, in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
- The climate is maritime with temperatures ranging between -54 and 86 °F. Average annual rainfall measures 16 inches.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The Eskimo name "Okhnagamiut" means "village (people) on the other side (of the river)." The name was also shown as "Ohogamut" on a 1916 USGS field sheet. The village is now a summer fish camp.
- Ohogamiut is used seasonally by area Natives as a subsistence camp.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Village of Ohogamiut
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permit Holders
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- The site is accessible by boat or float plane.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection