in the Kenai Peninsula Borough
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Community's Judicial District
Geography and Climate
- Fox River is located on the north shore of Kachemak Bay, 24 miles northeast of Homer at the end of the Sterling Highway.
- January temperatures range from 14 to 22 °F; July temperatures vary from 46 to 65 °F. Average annual precipitation is 20 inches.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- Fox River was reported by Dall of the U.S. Geological Survey in 1895 and may have been named for Theodore Fox, Vice President of North Pacific Mining and Transportation Company, which operated in Kachemak Bay in 1894.
- The population of Fox River frequently commutes to Homer for supplies and services.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- East End Road privides access to Homer. Residents use the Homer docking facilities.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District