in the Southeast Fairbanks Census Area
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (hee' lee); a.k.a. Healy Fork
- Community's Judicial District
- Recording District
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Geography and Climate
- The 5-mile long Healy Lake lies on the course of the Healy River, 29 miles east of Delta Junction.
- The area lies within the continental climatic zone, with cold winters and warm summers. Average temperatures range from -32 to 72 °F.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The local name was reported in 1914 by the U.S. Geological Survey. Due to declining enrollment, the school closed in 1999.
- Healy Lake is a mixed Athabascan and non-Native community.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Healy Lake Village
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- The Tanana River provides boat access to Healy Lake at Big Delta. The lake is east of the Richardson Highway; however, there is no direct road access. During the winter, residents fly in by ski plane or drive in on the ice road. Healy Lake receives funds from the Essential Air Services program that subsidizes the cost of commercial flights.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District